Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wet and Wild Color Icon 8 pan palette Petal Pusher-Review

So girls,

I know a lot of you have been curious about Wet and Wilds' new Color Icon 8 pan palettes. I believe there are a total of 3 different palettes in greens (Comfort Zone), purples (Petal-Pusher), and blues (I got good Jeans). While I have not yet purchased all three palettes, I am a sucker for anything purple so you already know I had to have the Petal Pusher palette. Below you will find my thoughts on everything from packaging to quality and value. Please feel free to let me know what you all think about this palette too.

Swatches Available HERE!



Overview: These little palettes consist of 8 different shadows all coordinated by color and showcase a multitude of different shades and tones. You will also find that there is a mixture between frost, shimmer and glitter finishes for those of you who like a little variation. The Petal-Pusher palette in particular, consists of a few different shades of purple and pink with a touch of deep plum and mauve. Each individual pan is full size (consistent with Wet and Wild shadow sizes) and is package in a slender plastic compact. It also includes two small brushes for application.

My Rating

Packaging: 5/5
While the plastic compact does look and feel a little cheap, I actually was impressed with the way it stood up to dropping (I dropped it several times in the store alone). None of the pans became loose and the shadows themselves were completely unharmed. Also, I was pretty happy with the size of the case as well. It's pretty slender which makes storage easy and thoughtless. I can pretty much throw this thing anywhere.

Versatility: 5/5
I believe this is pretty much formulated to be worn by any skin tone or eye color. Whether your eyes are brown, blue, hazel, or green, these colors will most certainly make them pop. I also love how they indicate ways to wear the colors, as well as, enough range to create two predetermined looks. For those of us who are s little more seasoned, the idea's will just keep on coming

Quality: 2/5
Some of the shadows in this palette were a tad chalky and difficult to blend. There was some fallout with the glitter shades and transfer proved to be an issue with one color in particular. I noticed right away when swatching some pans, it took more than a few swipes to get the payoff I was looking for, but, with that said, they were definitely buildable (which made up for it). I wouldn't say pigmentation was a problem because I only had issue with a few of the colors. I also liked that there were multiple shades and hues of each color and there were suggestions on how to use them. However, the best part was that I found a duo-chrome in this palette! Yes, a duo-chrome, and not just any old duo-chrome shadow. The color is super unique. This for me, completely null and voided any problems I originally found :]

Price: 5/5
These palettes run for around $5.99 usd and can be found at your local Walgreens and/or Walmart stores. Personally, I think that for the amount of money your spending you are getting pretty good quality. I wouldn't go as far a saying your getting a spectacular deal but eight decent quality shadows for five bucks is pretty impressive, even for drugstore prices. Not to mention the fact that there is a duo-chrome. That alone is worth more the cost of the palette itself.



Overall Thoughts:
Again, while I cannot speak on the quality of all of  the palettes, I can say, I was not hugely impressed  or disappointed with  this particular choice. With all of the positive reviews I read and beautiful swatches I saw, I guess you could say my expectations were a little high. I found that some of the colors were not quite as pigmented as I hoped and others seemed ridiculously chalky. I also found that the glitter in the darker colors had some fallout and were a little harder to blend than the rest. On the other side of the spectrum tho, there were a few great things that stood out. First of all, there is a duo-chrome in this palette, which was a huge surprise. You just don't find that in drugstore brand eye shadows at all. Wet and Wild definitely won me over with that one. I also loved that each side of the palette is coordinated to work together making it easy to create looks for both beginners and professionals alike. The fact that the less pigmented shadows were buildable kind of made me forget about the fact that there were some chalky ones. I mean for 5 bucks, you really can't expect MAC quality anyway, but, for what I paid, I guess you could say I am pretty satisfied.

Would I buy again: Only for the one duo-chrome shade. I didn't find any of the other colors to be unusually unique and I was a little turned off by the glitter pans. However, I will definitely be giving the green palette a go here soon. So, keep on the look out for that one.

 Recap: Overall, this palette scores a 17/20. If your a beginner or just like purples and are a budget shopper, I think this palette would be a great addition for you. You get alot of product for a small price and the quality is up to par with what you should expect from a drugstore brand.

Want to see more? Please follow me!
Feel free to comment below with any questions or suggestions.
Thanks for your support!



Please Note: I am not Affiliated with Wet and Wild or any of it's suppliers in any way. All statements, Photo's, etc. are 100% my own honest opinion and based off of my personal experiences. I was not paid or comped in any way for this review.

1 comment:

  1. Makeup is an art that can be achieved with practice. You don’t need to sit in front of your mirror for hours to look beautiful. You can get ready in just minutes with right makeup technique and of course practice.

    ReplyDelete