Thursday, March 3, 2011

Coastal Scents 88 Mirage Palette

Coastal Scents 88 Mirage Palette       

Okay Ladies,

I have to admit that I am the epitome of what you would call an "Eyeshadow Whore". Some girls love their lip gloss and others; their blush, me on the other hand, I am completely addicted to eyeshadow. I wouldn't really say I have a preference to any particular colors or brands. Since their are soo many to choose from, how could I just stick to one?  In any case, I wanted to do a review on the Mirage Palette from Coastal Scents. Since this is a pretty new addition to their line of 88 palettes, I figured there would be a lot of people searching for it..so, let's get started.
(Swatches Available Here!)



Overview:
First and foremost, the palette itself is compiled of 88 jewel tone shadows. The colors range from True Gold to Plum and  includes a vast selection of Deep Browns, Dusty Roses, Rusty Reds, Burnt Oranges, Aqua Blues, and Forrest Greens. There is a nice mixture of matte, shimmer, glitter, and frost finishes. Each individual pot is a little smaller than a dime in circumference and the palette in whole is about the size of a net book or ipad. The case is matte black with the Coastal Scents logo, the palette name and description printed on the front and the CS web address inscribed on the back. It includes a small      mirror and 2 double ended sponge tip applicators.

                                                                                    
 My Rating:  
Packaging: 4/5
The case is very sleek and lightweight which makes storage a huge relief. It also stood up during shipment, so I can't say it doesn't travel well. (Just make sure to use lots of cushion) . It does, however, feel slightly cheap  so I'm not sure how many drops it could withstand and the large logo on the front looks a little tacky.

Versatility: 5/5
This palette is great for creating a ton of different full eye looks without the need to touch another palette. There is a great mix shimmer, matte, frost, and glittery finishes. The colors (so gorgeous) range from light to dark making it easy to find the perfect compliments for lid, inner corner, outer corner, crease, and highlight all in one package! It will work/look great on any skin tone and/or eye color (especially green and brown eyes).

Quality: 5/5
The pigmentation of these shadows is crazy ridiculous (in a good way). Nearly all of the colors in this palette apply to the lid with the same depth and concentration as you see in the pan. That is almost unheard of when it comes to these larger 88 palettes. I also found they were super smooth didn't require much effort at all to blend. 

Price: 5/5
I purchased my palette for $21.95 usd during the release special. It is now being sold for 24.95 and can be purchased here. For the amount of product and the quality alone, this product is an absolute steal! 




Thoughts Overall:
This palette is definitely a must have addition to any makeup collection. The versatility in the shade and hue of each color make the possibilities almost endless! I also believe that this palette is suited for almost any skin tone and/or eye color. As far as pigmentation and color payoff, the Mirage has seriously got it. Most of the colors only require a very small amount of product with a payoff that looks as if you packed it on for hours. With that said, I'd be lying not to acknowledge that there are a few (mostly the glittery shadows) that are just well, mediocre. There didn't seem to be much transfer from pan to lid and there is some fallout. I do believe however, if you have some time and patience you could make these work just as well. Moving on, I found the blend ability of this palette to meet and in some cases exceed my expectations.With the exception of the afore mentioned few (and I mean very few) these shadows were so easy to work with. When creating looks from subtle to dramatic , I loved how easily I could pull it off without really having to work too hard. Huge stand out for me! There is absolutely nothing worse than a beautiful shadow you have to blend to death. Luckily, I did not have that problem with any of colors here. All in all, This palette is a great buy for those who are looking to add a little depth to their collections (and those who just can't have enough shadow). The colors are gorgeous,the pigmentation is remarkable and they blend with ease. Honestly, I was more than happy with this purchase. The fact that you can keep it simple or go completely dramatic without sacrificing price or quality wins this palette 5 stars from me.

Would I buy again:
Absolutely. Although, I don't think I will have to for a very long time : ]

     
Want to see more? Please follow me!
Feel free to comment below with any questions or suggestions.
Thanks for your support!



Please Note: I am not Affliated with Costal Scents or any of it's suppliers in any way. All statements, Photo's, etc. are 100% my own honest opinion and based off of my personal experiences. I was not paid or comped in any way for this review.
  

6 comments:

  1. absolutely! I plan on having some swatches posted later this evening. Thanks for your interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur doing a good job i think u will be a great make up artist. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissy CanterburyMarch 6, 2011 at 2:26 PM

    I need this! I'm also a eye shadow whore lol. it's gotta match the outfit! good job girl!, Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this review! I'm definitely getting the palette :)

    ReplyDelete